Monday, November 30, 2015

I don't even.....


Hello, Austin, Texas! I am tired! 1! 2! 3! ZZZzzzzzzz.....

Fo'realz do'. Just let me go through this week!

Monday we were in Zwolle, then we had to travel back to Rotterdam and do stuff in our actual area. Tuesday was a normal day; we taught a nice lesson to some men from Africa and just had a wonderful day! Now, hang on. Here's where it gets intense:

Wednesday we went to Gent. If you look on a map, you'll find that THAT'S IN BELGIUM. You know, just your standard day trip to ANOTHER COUNTRY! The funny thing about it is it only takes about as long as it does to get to San Antonio from Austin. This place is tiny! It fits into Texas more than nine times. Uh huh. Anyway, we were down there practicing with our pianist for the Christmas concert. The concert is four part, so Elder Müller will be singing with his delicious bass voice instead of tickling the ivories. It was a long day, and we still have a lot of work to do before we're ready for next week.

Thursday and Friday we spent our time running between appointments with members in Gouda, Ommoord, Lekkerkerk, Woerden, and Waddinxveen. We also hit a few smaller towns in between all of those. Yeah, it was nuts. We had a ton of appointments, which was nice... but far from relaxing.

Saturday was the concert. It was.... odd. It went well! But it felt odd that it was the last time we would ever do it. I'm still not sure how to feel about it. I can't really complain, though!

Yesterday we were actually in our own ward for church.... That felt odd. Then we practiced afterwards, both for our thing and Elder Conatti and I with the Stake Choir. Apparently I just can't get enough singing!


I have pictures.
Someone put Ferrari stickers on this lunchbox.

This is a warning sticker on one of the new mission cars.... I died

Elder Byers and I celebrating cultural sensitivity. (I'm wearing a scarf and a blanket, not an actual hijab or chador)


Aren't they so cute when they're emailing their families and friends that just so happen to be female!?!

This is why we were in Zwolle-- the Turkey Bowl. I couldn't even play! I had hurt my neck the night before.... Sad.

Well, love you all, etc.

Elder Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment