Monday, November 10, 2014

Geen belangstelling!

We hear that phrase at the door a lot.
Not a bad week I guess. We did a ton of contacting! It's hard sometimes, but we gotta keep pushing through!

I'm not really sure what to say about the week. We really have mainly been contacting, trying to increase our likelihood of coming across someone with interest in our message. It's not common, sadly. We did have Eliza come to church again! She is progressing very well! We are very excited about working with her. Gulia is still coming along as well. Her baptismal date was moved, but I should still be here to see it! YAY! 

I guess I can talk about today--

I'm in Zwolle right now! It's very cool. That's why the email is late today. Elder Kemp invited me to come with him to see one of his old companions, Jeremy Romer. We met Elder Taggart and a few other missionaries I haven't told you about out here and are having a very good time. Sadly, I forgot my camera. The pictures will come next week after I get them from Kemp! Don't worry! We did get permission from President to be here. We aren't just going apostate. ;D

P-day schedule: wake up, breakfast. Email! Grocery shopping. Do some cleaning! Find something to do with other missionaries! Games, sports, shopping, museum visits, anything really! Do that until dinner, then we have to work again afterward!

Favorite Dutch food: I like Oliebollen. I will have a picture of them for you next week. All they really are is Dutch, round beignets. I also enjoy Stampot. Basically mashed potatoes with things in. Very good.

Inspiring thoughts/notes from the week:
If you don't have anything nice to say, definitely don't say it to a Dutch person!
It can be difficult, sometimes it just feels like it absolutely is terrible, sometimes it sucks, sometimes you hate it, sometimes you wish you were done, or just asleep in bed. BUT! It's all good. No worries! I love it despite all that can be thrown at me!

Much love; pictures next week!

Elder Showuh*






*Why the crap is my name hard for DUTCH people to pronounce? I mean really!

No comments:

Post a Comment