Monday, September 1, 2014

(Almost) One Month In The Netherlands


Yeah, we have little district meetings and things.... My district has I think...... 7 sets of missionaries? I don´t honestly remember. I´ve done exchanges once. That was with my district leader, Elder Pouwer. I actually have a picture of him from earlier this week. We´re mainly on bikes here. But because of the amount of area we end up covering, we use the metro a decent amount as well. It´s fun, and I´m getting in much better shape.

It´s official. My suit-pants are now far too big for me. Luckily there is a lady in our ward that said she could fix them for me. Men´s Warehouse actually did a really crappy job this time. Pretty funny really!

A cool story from this week-- Friday we were informed by the office we had a referral. We called the number and got no answer. Later though, she called back! She said SHE had contacted the office because she had read about our church and wanted to attend. She asked if she could meet us on Saturday to talk a little bit about what we would do at church before we got there. She´s a very nice lady from Azerbaijan and asked for a French BoM. She came to church yesterday and said she had a good time. We have no follow-up appointment as of yet, but I´m confident we´ll receive one.

I do struggle sometimes on my mission. But I know the Lord is watching over me.

Love,
Elder Shaw

Picture time!



Zone conference: Me,  Elder Wiscombe and Elder Cooper!


A nice view Elder Taggart pointed out to me.

Here is an example of the multiculturalism we deal with on any given day. Zoom in; it´s pretty cool.

We got a dart board last Monday for the apartment. We obviously aren´t very good at it.

Ladies and Gentlemen, the lovely Elder Pouwer!


That´s it for this week!


No comments:

Post a Comment