Monday, September 29, 2014

In Rotterdam--Week #8


There was a baptism on Saturday night for one of the eternal investigators. He technically lives in a different ward AND stake but wanted to be baptized in our building because it´s where he attends church with his fiance. So all of us had to sort all that out. Also, it´s been so long since he had lessons that he had no teaching record, so the Den Haag Elders taught him all the lessons in two days. Wow! But it was really cool to see a baptism happen.

We went to go try and visit one of our potentials and found the door had been broken in by a police battering ram. The door had been closed and locked but all the damage still made it really apparent. There was (as you can imagine) no one home.

Don´t really need anything right now, just pushing on through.

Elder Taggart actually did that haircut. He only did the sides. Elder Kemp is actually coming over today to finish it and clean up the top. 

Okay, stuff about the birthday. I got everything on Friday actually. My actual birthday was not my greatest day ever honestly. I ended up feeling pretty crappy nearly all day. Fasting and lack of sleep are not good together. But the other missionaries in the ward made me a little card and gave me a few of the chocolate treats that they had made. Today apparently we´re going to do..... something. Honestly I´m not sure what. I´m sure I´ll have pictures of it next week though!

I have a few pictures today I think.




I call this one "Let´s do work". Elder Taggart grabbing some pass along cards for contacting.

Here is a big "thank you" to everybody for all the birthday wishes and food! You´re the best! 







I love you all, and look forward to talking next week!

Tot volgende keer!

Elder Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment