Monday, May 4, 2015

Ik ben Elder Shaw, en hij is Elder Moomey. Samen, zijn we Shawmoo.


This week was long and fun! Elder Moomey and I taught a bunch! And I had some cool experiences!

First, something hilarious that happened. Elder Moomey and I were going on exchanges with the Zone Leaders. It was a bit of train ride, and Elder Moomey and I got stuck out by the doors and not in seats. We were okay with it, until the room was filled with yelling, obnoxious, Dutch pre-teens. Elder Moomey and I decided we didn´t want to get into it with them, so we just spoke English. Almost immediately they assumed we didn´t speak Dutch and proceeded to make fun of us. Elder Moomey and I just chuckled, and I told him I have a plan. So we sat, and we took it, and we listened while just making small talk in English. Then, as we were pulling into our stop, I picked up the phone and made a call to the Zone Leaders. I spoke only Dutch, at a decent volume. The turning of their heads was amazing. There was some fear there. A lot of fear. I was quite happy. One of them was like "I thought they were both English!" and Moomey said "Oh, we´re American, but we speak Dutch." HAH! Take that, children!

We also have had some really nice experiences with a man named Said that we met on King´s day. He´s from Bulgaria, and hardly speaks any English or Dutch. We have gone by twice this week and had really short, simple appointments. We just gave him all of the Bulgarian materials we had, and tried to leave little messages. Then he came to church, after less than a week of knowing us. Amazing. He was super happy to be in church, and he brought his girlfriend. Luckily, her English is much better than his, so she helped him out a ton when speaking with us. There is a member in Den Haag, though, that speaks Bulgarian, so we are going to try and set up appointments where he can Skype in and help us. Technology is freaking cool!

Have I ever mentioned that I love Africans? They are just the sweetest people! I love talking with them, and a lot of them move here. It´s very nice!
Well, I have some pictures!

Rainbow! There was actually another one right next to it, but I couldn´t get them both to show up in the picture.

I fell on my bike going 2 mph. Elder Moomey died laughing.

Cat! Again!

Also Cat! Again!
Well, that´s it for this week!
Good night, and big balls. (*Mom note--if you've seen the t.v. show "Wipeout", then you understand this.  If not, sorry!  It's schadenfreude at its finest.)
Elder Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment