Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Mom Update

Hey, All!  I think this may only be the second or third time that I have dared to do a guest post on Elder Shaw's blog, but I wanted to give a little update.  After I posted for him yesterday morning, I received a second email-- very short, but very upbeat and excited!  He was called as one of the "Singing Elders" for the mission.  I think this means that he will be travelling pretty extensively to give firesides and devotionals all around the mission area as part of a men's quartet (known as the "Singing Elders").  Any of you that really know my son know that this is something that he will truly enjoy. He loves music (wonder where he got that--wink,wink) and it is a big part of his life. He told me when we talked for Mother's Day that he was surprised by how much his ear had improved on his mission-- he can now listen to something, and he can work out the chord progressions without too much trouble.  So, even though I failed miserably to get him to play the piano, I guess I can feel pretty happy that he absorbed some theory! Hopefully he will be able to give us some more details next week.  Right now, I am just excited because he is so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment