Monday, May 18, 2015

Ik fok paarden


Another long week. Not a lot has changed. Still teaching a lot. Said came to church again. I´m just very excited!
 A few very cool things from the week (This email may be a bit shorter, sorry everyone). First, our mission will be getting iPads! They announced it during Zone Conference and everyone was quite excited. However, they have no clue when we´ll be getting them. They gave them to 10 of the 30 European missions as a start to see how it goes...... and we were not one of them. President says he thinks we´ll have them by the end of the year, though.
Also, there is a group of "Singing Elders" that go around the mission doing a show for the wards and it's a SUPER big deal here. It has brought a lot of new investigators and was a great idea by the mission. What´s the point? I got to try out for it! I wasn´t sure I wanted to initially, because it pretty much takes you completely away from standard work, but I figured all I could do was give it a shot and see what the Lord wants me to do! So, who knows? I certainly don´t.
New President comes..... beginning of July, I believe. And I don´t remember his name. It starts with a "B". It´s going to be a huge change. The mission is very anxious about it. Only time will tell what happens; I´ll have been out for a year by that point. That´s odd to think about. No plans really-- it will probably just be a normal day.
Last P-day was nice, though. We, as a district, went to this little lake by the church and played sports, had a little picnic, and I brought a guitar. It was all quite fun. From far away we probably just looked like students. It was actually kinda weird to think about.... Like, this is what I would be doing if I wasn´t a missionary, except I wouldn´t have a tag that says Jesus Christ on it. It really put into perspective just what I have decided to do for two years. Suffice it to say... I was relieved to put on a tie again at the end of the day.
Sorry it´s so short. I´m quite drained, but we´re going to do a bunch of service today. I want to get done here sooner rather than later so that I can maybe get a tiny nap in. It sounds nice.
Only one picture, but it´s super nice!


Planning as done by a Bond villain, Elder Moomey.

I love you all!
Elder Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment