Monday, July 20, 2015

Dawn Of The Dweebs

There is a ripple running through the mission: women crying, much pain, death counts are in the hundreds. That´s right.... Helmets are now required! It has caused a lot of murmuring in this mission and no one is excited. We´re hanging in there, though. I need to go buy one today.... Yay.

It was just a really odd week in general. We didn´t have a ton of time to teach and find, because we had to do a ton of crap. We were practicing and had to clean out the old Rotterdam apartment. That took so much longer than it should have. It´s amazing how gross some missionary apartments can get. I was frustrated, but this week should go better. Most of our investigators are on vacation. Really frustrating. But we´re hanging in there.
 

Oh, by the way-- I´m teaching Julia (we´re still not sure how she spells her name) again! She disappeared while I was here, but she started coming to church again and wanted to meet with us! I´m so excited to be able to teach her again! It´s been a cool experience to come back. A lot of people were happy to see me, other people were like "Who is this queer?" Ha!

It´s so odd being in this city again, really. It´s feels so familiar yet foreign at the same time. I think I need more time here before I´m used to it. Luckily I have my nerd to help me through it!

Well, I do have a few pictures!
 

First off, CATS! FINALLY!


Oh, the Rotterdam metro. How I haven´t missed it at all. These things are such a pain. You spend so much time on them!


Artsy picture of companion. So necessary!
 
 
 
 
 
I love all of you! 

Elder Shaw
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment