Monday, July 6, 2015

Amigos, ik heb zo veel gegeten. (Elder Conatti says this all the time)

Well, we just got some interesting news. The plan had been that I would be staying in Leiden, receiving the new Elder for the singing group, and then life would just go on from there while we took a transfer off for him to learn the music. But, while rehearsing last night at a member's home... we got transfer calls. Leiden is being closed. I'll still be with the new member of the singing group, Elder Mueller. However, I will be going to an area called Capella a/d IJssel. Since you probably don't know.... that area is literally right next to Rotterdam North. In the same ward actually. Oh, and Rotterdam North is closed... which means that's our area, too. So yes... I'm going back to my first city. Just as a singing elder.

This would be a much easier transition if we weren't performing this week. I'll be doing the production for the first time on Saturday! AGH! Also, we'll be working in another city Thursday and Friday. So... we have today and tomorrow to get our apartment all ready for being closed and for practicing. Wednesday I have to move all of my stuff down to Rotterdam. And then, yeah.

Basically, if I make it through this week then I'm a superhero. Seriously, someone that isn't a superhero couldn't do it. I'm fully expecting to just pass out at some point.

Anyways, working in Assen went well. We had less appointments there than we have had in almost all the other cities, but it was fun. We actually ended up having a little 4th of July grill with a family the Sisters in Assen are working with. It was a fun night. The meat destroyed us all and we had some tummy trouble, but it tasted really good, so it was worth it. Other than that, just singing and working with people.


Well, I have some pictures!





One of the windows in our car busted, so we got creative!

WAFFLES, HO!

The Band's all here.... and melting.

Whipped cream, gotta love it.

America Day!

Conatti and the Monkey.
Well, that's it. I'll update you from Rotterdam next week!

Loves,
Elder Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment