Monday, January 4, 2016

"...Dan heb je ook gesquat!"


I am very done with holidays on a mission. I love them, and it´s really cool to experience them as a missionary, but they are such a HUGE disruption to the work! "Oh, I have no time; talk to me next year." That sentence describes our past two weeks.

This has been one of those contacting weeks. Uh huh, every missionary has them..... well, at least in this mission. I don´t know about Brazil. We spent a long time walking around, hoping people would actually stop for two seconds to talk to us. Most people were too busy getting drunk and throwing up all over the city. That isn´t a joke. Elder Serra and I went out at 11AM on New Years morning to find a ghost town COVERED in puke. Stay classy, Den Bosch!

They go insane here for New Year´s Eve. Fireworks go off from about 11 to 2 in the morning. I tried to get some pictures of it, but they didn´t work too great.

Another thing the Dutch take very seriously is holiday greetings. On Christmas, you say "Merry Christmas" to everyone you meet. And for at least three days after New Years you´re expected to tell everyone "Beste wensen!" It´s not a joke. It´s a very serious part of Dutch culture. I love this little country!

In other news, we have a baptism scheduled with the most wonderful investigator of all time! We´re so excited for him and the choice he´s making! Things are going well and I love it here!



Well, I tried to take a picture of the intense fireworks, but you can´t really tell just how nuts they are. Last year in Haarlem was even better, though.


 This is how Elder Serra did the dishes when we were required to stay in on New Year's Eve.

I seriously can´t get enough fun pictures of this goofball!

Well, that´s about it; I´ll keep you updated on anything else that goes on!

When life gives you lemons.... yeah, that´s pretty cool, I guess.

Elder Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment