Thursday, July 17, 2014

3rd Week Post

Things have been very busy. I spend a LOT of time in classes and it gets pretty exhausting. By the time I get back to rez all I want to do is sleep but Elder Parr has been making sure I get my work out in while everyone else watches and laughs. I try and speak to them in Dutch while I do, so I get a little more practice with that. Language has become more of a struggle the past few days. I feel like I'm not able to speak my mind and really get to know people. That has made teaching very hard for Elder Hammond and me. I feel like we spend more time saying "God loves you" and "you can pray to know if the Book of Mormon is true" than actually teaching people.
It's a bit of a struggle, and somewhat stressful. Luckily I get to go to the temple today, so that will be a great experience.
In somber news, one of our absolutely incredible teachers had his last day on Saturday. We were all really sad to see him go, because he's been such a great influence, example, and help to all of us in the class. We have so many teachers though, so it makes sense we would lose at least one.
I realized you forgot to teach me to sew a button this week. Luckily, I think Elder Hammond will teach me!
Elder Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment