Thursday, July 10, 2014

Two Weeks


Days move absolutely at a snails pace here, but weeks go by quickly. It's really rather strange. A lot has happened this week-- I'll try and say as much of it as possible.
For starters! The 4th of July was really interesting. We watched a movie which was nice and then went outside to watch the stadium of fire from behind the MTC fence. While there I tried to get everyone to join me in singing The Star Spangled Banner. I was about halfway through the song before I gave up because no one else joined in and just laughed and looked at me like an idiot. Then 5 minutes later someone else started it and everyone sang. I was not happy.
We received two very good devotionals. One was from an incredible pianist named Josh Wright. Watching him play was incredible; his hands moved so quickly they were difficult to follow. He spoke about his mission and learning of piano. Then last night Elder Neil L. Anderson addressed us. He spoke on the gift of the Holy Ghost and the spirit was very strong.
In more secular news Elder Parr (from my district) gave me a workout schedule and has been staying on me to do it. I hope I can get in shape before leaving, because I'm so unathletic.

Much Love
Elder Shaw


No comments:

Post a Comment