Wednesday, July 23, 2014

4 Weeks!

This is my companion, doing his thing.


Elder Parr, the one making me work out.
(This is in response to me asking him how to write "Dear", because I would like to learn a little Dutch.--T.S.)
I would probably say Geliefde, which translated is pretty close to beloved. But that's what you use in prayer and also in the scriptures. So that's what I would do. The language is coming along okay. Sometimes it's a struggle. The temple was wonderful, as normal! I'm working out super hard (did you think I could do 100 burpees? I didn't.) and it is really taxing. The travel should be the 4th.
This was at four in the morning Monday when I had to sign the Nords and Swedes out of their rooms (yay ZL responsibilties!)
This is Elder Israelson. He became a good friend to me in a quick time.
We get our actual plans on Friday. We found the article, but as that is mostly up to our mission president, our teachers said it is unlikely that we will get iPads. I haven't touched my card yet. I haven't had a need for it. But I can give it a shot.

Oh! By the way, Elder Hammond and I are now ZL's. I know it doesn't mean a ton in the MTC, but I'm happy to have the opportunity. I've been super tired this week, and I'm really looking forward to getting out in the country.
The other missionaries in the district like to make fun of how excited I am to get European suits. They just look SOOOOO much better. I hope I saved enough.
Some Dutch........ okay
Mijn zone is heel grappig. De Zenderlingen hebben anders maneeren en zij brengen mij veel blidschap. Het Evangelie van Jezus Christus is waar. I hou van jullie!
Tot sienz!
Elder Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment