Monday, October 6, 2014

Rotterdam, Week 9

Conference was yesterday. It was actually all we did. Yay? Not yay. It felt SUPER UNPRODUCTIVE. But the talks were good. I'm glad I got to hear them, but I wish there had just been more time in the day for things that weren't conference and eating.
All the clothing you sent is great! I actually wear a sweater pretty much every day, just because it looks way better than a baggy white button down.
Our only progressing investigator was out of town this week, so we did a lot of unsuccessful contacting. Not a single potential out of it even. Oh well!

One interesting and embarrassing story: we went over to this inactive guy's house, Ron. He's super cool, always playing video games when we get over there and he's a really good guitarist. Well, he made us a very delicious and very Dutch meal of mashed potatoes, meat, and red cabbage. Now, my appetite since getting out here has been way smaller. Staring in the MTC, I just no longer needed as much food to keep me going. Because of that, I often don't even finish a first helping of food. Well, I apparently decided to eat a ton of that meal that Ron made. Then he announced there was desert. Vla. It's super good, look it up. Well, he made Elder Taggart and I both huge bowls of it. And...... I just kept eating it 'til I felt sick. I finally decided I needed to stop because I felt sick. So I did. But it was too late. I sat for a few minutes while Ron and Elder Taggart made fun of me for how sick I looked and how much I'd eaten. It wasn't more than 5 minutes before I was in the restroom throwing back up all that delicious food that tasted no where near as good the second time.

I felt terrible, but Ron thought it was hilarious, so that's good I guess.

Love you all! 'Til next week!
Elder Shaw



We balanced a chair!

Conference!
Elder Kemp, Lydia, Elder Conatti, and Tahira

More conference!
Elder Taggart and Aaron(or Adam, it's hard to tell with the Dutch accent)

No comments:

Post a Comment