Monday, October 27, 2014

Hallo, Ik bin Elder Taggart.

 I have a very funny story. Elder Taggart and I went to go contact a referral from a facebook campaign they are doing here. They have this little script they want us to use with it, so I went to try it. The bumble sounded something like this when the door opened (except in Dutch):

"Hi.... uh, hello. I´m Elder Taggart, and this is my...... Oh wait! He´s Elder Taggart, and I´m Elder Shaw! We....." And yeah, I was very embarrassed about it. Thus, Elder Taggart and I have been making jokes about us both being him.

Okay, Elder Taggart is getting transferred to Heerenveen! Which is up north and very cold. I´m staying and going to be companions with Elder South. I haven´t really met him yet, but I´m excited.... And very nervous to take over the city. You know my issue with navigation and directions......


[In response to a question I asked him about a Dutch word--Mom]
 I´m guessing the word was koekje? Which is cookie. Or kokje? Which would be...... little chef, or chefy. They minimize EVERYTHING here in conversation. If you know what it meant, I probably know the actual word.

 I got two pairs of VERY European pants which I maybe shouldn´t be allowed to wear, but am. And a pair of casual shoes. I still have a lot of money to use; I need more socks and a raincoat--still. But I´m doing fine without them right now. 

Yeah, we went to the temple! It was fun.

Yeah, I don´t have pictures today. Sorry!

Elder Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment