Monday, February 9, 2015

Hoe kan dat nou?

This week has been strange. We have some good things going for us, finally. A new investigator, a bunch of potentials, yeah, lots of stuff. Interestingly, this week was personally kind of stressful. I don't know how to explain really-- I'm just working to keep it chill. Sometimes it just feels like things should go differently than they do. Knowing that you're doing the Lord's work is a blessing, because sometimes based on how it goes it CERTAINLY doesn't look like it.
Honestly, I don't have a lot to talk about really, though. Or pictures, but here are answers to those questions.
The easiest thing about being a missionary..... is....... crud. I dunno! Missions are hard!-- and in a lot of ways you wouldn't expect. Even relaxing is hard! I guess praying and reading the scriptures are easy.
In Haarlem, we have us and a pair of Sisters. Our area is quite large. If you can find a very detailed map of the Netherlands, our area stretches from Uitgeest down to Noordwijkerhoud. Then out towards Aalsmeer. Not Zaandam though, that isn't us.
Favorite thing I learned this week? Do all you can, then do a little more; trust me, it's possible. Then, you can recognize how you've been helped through it all. None of the work is actually done yourself. But all the stress-- well, it's all you, sooooooooooooo, "let it go. let it go...."
Yeah, not super interesting today. Sorry everyone, but I hope you all have a wonderful week. May the Lord bless you and keep you.
Elder Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment