Monday, February 2, 2015

Kom maar, pusje!


What a week! What a week! Yessir, Elder Shaw is very tired. Well, we had another long week of contacting, and once again.... not a ton of success. HOWEVER-- I have funny story about trying to contact the guy from the other week. We went there, planning to try and get in to give a lesson. Unfortunately, I didn't have my planner on me. That was just fine, though! I remembered the guy's name and where he lived! No worries! We got to the door. One of his many roommates answered and I asked if he was around. When I heard a no, that no one by that name lived there, I was very sad. Later that evening, I looked in the planner to make sure the address was right.... And sure enough... It was! But..... I had the name wrong. SO, I have go back, apologize, and ask for the right name. Ugh!

We had dinner with the really awesome, goofy family this week (The parents of Kim!) for Australia day. It was a very good time. I have some funny pictures of me and Silva. I love the people in this ward. I can be absolutely myself and they love it and joke with me about it!

We ride bikes in the ice, and the rain. Not much in the snow because: 1. It doesn't snow too much here by the coast. 2. Because it hurts..... But yeah, I've gotten good at using patches of ice for pedal brake drifting! It's super fun. And I haven't wiped out...... yet!
We have had some really strange door contacts in Haarlem. We had an extremely old guy come to the door in only pajama pants with remnants of shaving cream on his face. We gave him a card, at least. I've also had people answer the door naked-- much to the dismay of very sheltered Elders. Oh, it's also always hairy dudes! YEAHYUH!
I have pictures--many of them. Get excited!
Australia day. Koala and "Black-boy" tree.

Silva wanted me off. I refused.

Snow! Yeah!

This was before the snow actually got good. Oh, by the way, this was Thursday night. The snow was gone by Saturday


And lastly, my favorite picture:

CAT!


Elder SHAW!

No comments:

Post a Comment