Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Have Opel Corsa, Will Travel


I. Am. Beat. We had our performance in Apeldoorn on Saturday. Then the day after we had to be down in Eindhoven for church. Elder Muller wanted a break from driving, so I ended up doing most of it, much to the dismay of the other passengers. I didn't think I was bad at driving, but apparently....

It was a service week for the mission this last week, and we were able to do some service projects on Tuesday and Wednesday. It felt good to just go and do some work to help other people. I have a new appreciation for service since being on a mission. It did mean, however, that not much normal work was done in Schiedam this week.

Heck, the work here in Schiedam itself is just strange. I'm here so rarely that I feel like I still have no idea what's going on in my own area. I mean, we do have things going on and people to teach, but I always feel a bit lost when I'm here. I'm trying to stay focused on it though, because it's very important. It's really easy to be like "Oh, we worked so hard while traveling. We can take it a little easy this week." It's about getting past that and realizing that you have more to give. I hope that by the end of my mission I can say I gave it everything...

Elder Hunter got bounced around again by the medical system, so we won't really know what's going on until October. Yeah, I know. But there's nothing we can do about it right now. Luckily he's in way less pain, so the fun can continue!

Oh, funny story about the concert on Saturday. Elder Muller was SO sick. He had been feeling awful the entire day, and it became progressively worse throughout the day. It may have been nerves; I dunno, but he really felt crappy. Just before we began he went and threw up.... twice. We were (naturally) worried about him, but he made it through just fine and felt way better by the end of the night. 

Then, during Sacrament Meeting on Sunday an older lady fainted. She wasn't on the stand or anything, but she stood up to exit the room and just turfed it. Luckily the members sitting around her were very quick to action and managed to keep her from hitting the ground. The lowered her down and took her out to help her. I never learned what happened, but it was a tad surreal. I feel like we see more of those sorts of things than most people... Just part of being a missionary.

Pictures!
Service! We basically sanded this apartment for four hours!

This is Elder Frederico. We did service together on Tuesday. He's actually Elder Conatti's cousin. (no joke) Here he is in a little uniform. Fitting that his first name is Luigi, eh?

Preparing for the concert. They wouldn't smile at me.

Elder Hunter setting up the mics.

Look at him study his music! Isn't he just adorable?
'Til next week!

The Shaw!


No comments:

Post a Comment