Monday, September 28, 2015

Leeftijd is maar een nummer.

First thing I'll say is thank you for all of the birthday wishes, and special thank yous to Mike, Marian, Nana, and Grandma and Grandpa Shaw for your VERY generous gifts. You're all far too sweet!

In interesting news, we now have no investigators! This last week both of our investigators left the country. One is just to take care of her ill mother in Nicaragua and the other was Kris, who finally made his way to Ireland! Yep, transfers again, so we get another "restart" this transfer.

Oh, yeah. I forgot to mention transfers. Elder Conatti and I are staying, so no worries there. However! They are making our quite small apartment... into a four-man. I have absolutely no idea how we're going to do it, but we'll manage. ADVENTURE! The mission is certainly full of it. 

We were traveling in Eindhoven this week. It was very fun, and I had the opportunity to work with Elders Steenblik and Parr! It was fun seeing them. Appointments went well. No serious drama... Initially. Just a good time! Then on Sunday we went and sang in the Breda Ward. It was a little odd. This ward has been asking and waiting for us for a VERY long time. We felt like The Beatles, except that the average age of the audience was closer to 85 than to 15. No complaints from me! It was a great time.

Okay, here's where things get a little weird (as if the transfers weren't odd enough). We were staying in the now vacant senior couple apartment in Eindhoven during our work there. One day, Elder Hunter noticed that two pairs of his pants were missing. Then, on Sunday, Elder Conatti found that his suit was missing. Then we also realized that two of our coats had gone missing. We rummaged through the house searching for it all, but found none of it. Now.... We don't know what's going on, but we intend to get to the bottom of it. No matter what it takes.

Well, that's my week. I'm 20 now, and while I can say that I feel like a different person than when I turned 19, it certainly has nothing to do with my birthday! It has been an intense year.

I have some pictures.


Trying to get ready for travel always ends up looking something like this.


I just chilled and let Elder Connati do the work. ;)

Ain't he cute. It's just so easy to take pictures of him!

Translate this. It was an advertisement in a grocery catalog. Odd!

Have an awesome week!

Elder Shaw


No comments:

Post a Comment