Monday, October 19, 2015

"Boxtel is a great place. It´s pretty and smells like horse poop."

Once again, thank you Elder Conatti.

It happened. We had a great week! Elder Conatti and I managed to get in contact with multiple potentials and teach them! We even found someone for which we had the wrong address. We just "magically happened" to knock at the right door. Coincidence, my rear-end! It was nice to see that persistence pays off! Heck, with persistence, I could be a princess if I wanted. I´ve been learning a lot about the way that works, and that it´s an attribute I want to develop more and more. It feels good to work for things and have them work out just when you feel like giving up on it.

SO that was all very nice! Then, this week we worked in a Military Ward. So.... most of the members were American. It was a culture shock, but the appointments all ended up being amazing and the people were great. We met an adorable little boy that we were tempted to trade our stuffed bear for.... long story. But yeah, his parents asked him if he wanted to be a singing elder. He just put his hand up to his face and said "I can´t." We asked why and he replied, "Because I´m just a little boy." I about died, it was so cute! Like, do you ever have those moments where something is so cute you just want to hit things? Or are we just nuts?

I don´t have many stories really, but I do have some pictures!



I found her! I´ve been waiting so long to meet Beyonce!

Oh yeah! We had Temple conference this week! This is Elder Henderson (the other guy in our apartment.) We had a wonderful time there. And I had an interesting experience you may be hearing about soon.

This is a terrible picture of a beautiful city. Sorry.... it´s hard to get good pictures from a car.

Elder Conatti could be the next Yo Yo Ma (except that he's a cellist), if we could teach him how to hold a violin correctly.

Make muffins, not war.

Elder Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment