Monday, October 26, 2015

Papua New Guinea Pig.

Hola! Now that I´m done with a FAR too long deep clean of the apartment and all kinds of other minor inconveniences (which are often the most frustrating kind), I´m here to email.

It has been a very long week. It feels like I haven´t emailed in forever. The movement of time on a mission is so inconsistent. Sometimes you sit and think "Dang, didn´t we just have Zone Conference yesterday?" and other times it´s like, "When was the last time I slept?"

First, it´s happening! Schiedam is exploding! We´re just pumped! We have way more people to teach and all sorts of other good things happening. It´s coming at a perfect time, too. Now that it´s getting dark earlier (dang daylight savings), contacting after the hour of 6 becomes really ineffective. It´s better than nothing, but it´s way better to teach than contact that late. Thus, we´re glad that we actually have people to teach now!

More cool things-- we went and had a big zone service project at the Salvation Army last Wednesday. We sorted clothes for the packages for refugees! It was a good time.... and in typical missionary fashion... by the end it was basically a big dress up party. Luckily the people working there found it very amusing! Otherwise.... there could have been issues. I must say I look pretty good in old lady floral print skirts and furry coats.

We traveled in Den Bosch, and had the concert in Eindhoven. It was definitely the best concert I´ve done so far. We were worried that we wouldn´t have enough room because it´s a very small church building, but we made it work and had a great evening. It was really odd..... We were absolutely swarmed for pictures afterward. I was frustrated because I was trying to talk to people and have a nice spiritual time, but instead I ended up being in a million pictures... Yeah, not a typical missionary problem.

Then we had Stake conference yesterday. I could hardly hear anything... but I enjoyed it anyway.

Well, I have pictures!

Conatti and I were going to go to the service project as twins! But he changed after this picture was taken. Dang, we didn´t even have tags on yet!

Elder Conatti really liked this...... blanket?

It´s been awhile!

You´re welcome everyone!

Lastly, these are a Dutch treat specific to Den Bosch. It´s basically a massive cream puff covered in dark chocolate. They have to be good for Elder Conatti to eat something so sweet.
Love,

Elder Shaw


No comments:

Post a Comment