Monday, October 5, 2015

I no wan´ ladies, I wan´ batize.


Explanation: Elder Conatti actually has a perfect American accent. His English is actually better than that of most Americans (myself included). However-- he is very good at accents and always says funny things in different voices. The above was... some sort of accent saying "I don´t want ladies, I want to baptize." (I told him he was handsome.)

We had to prepare the apartment for the extra two Elders we received on Wednesday. They´re wonderful fellows! There was a lot of adjustment that had to be done, and our mattress arrangement is a tad unorthodox, but it fulfills its purpose just fine! We´re actually going to be around and practicing this week, so we have a good chance to get to know the other Elders before the schedule gets nuts.

We traveled in Breda this week; it was a lot of fun, and we were fed a lot! Like, a lot. We made two lunch appointments during traveling. I was appreciative of people going out of their way to feed us, but it was sooooo much. My poor little stomach was crying as I crammed it full of hearty Dutch cuisine. I think I gained weight. No joke. It was a lot of food!

Well, this is a little short this week because I had a ton of birthday emails to respond to! I´m sorry! But know that all your emails were very much appreciated! If you didn´t get a response, let me know. I´m pretty sure I got everyone though...

I have a few pictures!

Look at the moon...

...and the church that was next to it!

And look! A fixed post slot!


Keep it swill err´body!

Elder Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment