Tuesday, November 10, 2015

"I know that The Book of Mormon is blue."

Well, first off let me apologize for not emailing yesterday. Our plans went kinda funky and I did not get the chance to email! There will be a few people that may not get responses this week. If that´s the case, I´m very sorry! I only have a tiny bit of time now and I´m trying to go as quickly as I can.

This week we were traveling in Utrecht. Other than the fact that were were late to almost every single appointment, it went quite well. We had some good times with the members and met a lot of wonderful people. Not a ton happened there, but it was a good time.

In other news, we sang at an Apostolic church on Sunday. In Groningen. Yeah, that was interesting. The story is that our church there is being remodeled, so they had to find another building to meet in. The Apostolische Genootschap (Dutch name) was very kind and willing to allow the ward to meet in their buildings on Sundays. On Sunday, they decided to have a sort of joint service where the two congregations could get to know each other and experience some good old Christian fraternity. For that, they invited us to come up and sing a few songs for this special meeting. We had a very good time and enjoyed getting to know the people. It was a really long trip, but quite pleasant.

We also had an investigator come to church on Sunday! I didn´t realize how long it had been until I realized how excited I was about it. Wow, things have been harder than I realized. We couldn´t be there to support her, but the ward took good care of her and we´re very pleased!

Okay, something cool with pictures:

These little green birds.... ARE ALL OVER ROTTERDAM! Right? They aren´t native here, but you´ll see them a lot. I guess some got out of someone´s house and they just thrived in this country. Aren´t they cute?

The Singing Elders stuffed bear needed a bath. This is Matthew, everybody!

I love you all!

Elder Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment