Monday, November 2, 2015

"Never hide your feelings for your grandma."


There are some odd posters advertising Ray-Bans in the area. It is a picture of some young dude in glasses totally loving up on a MUCH older woman. It says "Never hide" in big letters. The title of the blog is Elder Conatti´s interpretation of the ad campaign.

Well, let´s see. It can be hard to recall the events of a week when you´re sitting in front of the computer. 

We had an interesting experience with an investigator with a SERIOUS drug problem. We went by for an appointment..... We talked to him and..... The lights were on but nobody was home. He didn´t remember the appointment and we haven´t been able to get in contact with him since that night. We´re really worried about him. We´ll see what we can do for him.

What else? I don´t have big stories from the week really; I think I can sum it up in some quick and possibly confusing statements that will at least have some entertainment value.

Things I did:

1. Puzzles with a 2 year old.

2. Figured out I can still varial kickflip.

3. Sat through a bunch of lessons in a language I don´t understand.

4. Taught some lessons I could understand.

5. Learned music for another musical event we were roped into.

6. Rapidly emptied my body of all its contents. (Homeboy got sick!)

7. Went on exchanges and got locked out.

8. Sang in another Sacrament meeting.

9. Improvised an entire college radio station with Elder Johnson.

10. Was awkwardly embraced by an older Nicaraguan woman.

Hahaha, are you kinda getting the gist? It was one of those bizarre weeks. But things are going well, and I´m having a great time!

I do have one picture.
It doesn´t do it justice, but this view was beautiful. That´s the famous Erasmus bridge. I had a few pictures of it when I was first here, but we went to visit a Cape Verdian member in the area and this view was beautiful.

Thank you for tuning into KRAP radio with THE SHAW. Now performing his new hit single: Billy Love... 

Hahaha, anyway, love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment