Monday, November 23, 2015

"There's no graceful way to pick things up when you're fat."

To the person that supplied this quote: thank you. You know who you are!

We were traveling in Amersfoort this week, and we're still there! I'm emailing from a library in Amersfoort, and it's very fun. It's a tradition that the mission does a Turkey bowl the week of Thanksgiving, so we asked permission to go to the one for this zone, since we were traveling during the one for ours! I probably won't be playing too much football (there was a little too much rough housing last night before bed; I'm in pain) but it's always fun to get to see missionaries that you worked with in the past and all that.

We had a good time traveling this week, and work in Schiedam isn't bad either. This week wasn't as good for our area as the past few have been, but I can't really complain. Elder Conatti and I walked until we were ready to tear our legs off. Don't worry, we were too exhausted to actually have the strength to do it. Missions are fun that way. Being exhausted at the end of a day is such a good feeling. It is a balancing act, though. It's not about running as fast as possible and burning yourself out-- it's about pacing. Working right to the edge. What use is working yourself to death and then not being able to work that hard the next day? It has to be consistent!

I don't know what more I can say. I'm pretty tired from the week, but I don't have many stories. However, this coming week promises to be very interesting. Look forward to next Monday, everyone!

Also, I can't upload pictures here, so you should recieve a lot next week!

Loves,

Elder Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment