Monday, December 21, 2015

Hola, soy El Shaw!


I´m trying to learn how to say "Hello, I am The Shaw" in as many languages as possible for when I answer the phone. People find it pretty amusing. Since I first started calling myself "The Shaw" in Haarlem it has spread through almost the entire mission. Cool, eh?

Well, I´m in Den Bosch! My companion is Elder Serra. He´s Portuguese but has lived in England for a long time. He´s a great time and I love working with him. We have a lot going on for us here in Den Bosch. A baptismal date, a good pool of investigators and potentials, and a wonderful ward! I think I´m going to enjoy my stay here!

I do have two little stories to share from the week:

First-- We were attempting to commit someone we´re working with to read the Book of Mormon everyday. He´s a prankster and likes to push buttons. He said he wouldn´t commit unless Sisters asked him to do it. I think he thought we would just push him until he said yes, but what did I do? I immediately picked up the phone and called the only Sisters in our zone. I put it on speakerphone, explained the situation to them, and then had them ask him to read the Book of Mormon everyday. He begrudgingly agreed. Boom! That´s how we do!

The other one is that we had to find our way to a train station one night after a dinner appointment. We were in a tiny little town, it was ridiculously dark outside, and we had no idea where we were going. After walking for about 40 minutes, we figured we were going the wrong way. We went over to a house on the side of the road, and asked the woman who opened the door if she could direct us to the station. Initially, she didn´t listen to us and, seeing our name tags, said "Nee nee nee". I asked again, and when she finally figured out what we wanted, she gave us directions. It turns out we had walked the wrong direction for more than twenty minutes! We finally reached the station and had missed two trains, so we had to wait a long time. It was one of those nights...

I have a few pictures!
This was the violinist's music from our Christmas performance. I about died when she put this together.

This is the new companion! Ain´t he a looker! I love this kid!

Love you all!

Elder Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment