Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Yodododododo Yododododododo!

If you couldn´t tell, that´s the violin part to "For Unto Us a Child is Born"!  MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Okay, getting ready for the Christmas concert is in full swing. We´ll be using almost every day of this week to get ready for it. Yeah, I know. I´m a little stressed, but hey, a little stress is a good thing, right? RIGHT!? Yeah... whatever.

This week was cool. We ended up back in Belgium; more practicing. Just intensity all around. One cool little refresher from the craziness of these few weeks is that a family in the ward invited us over to do an early Sinter Klaas (Or Sint Niklaas, you´ll see it spelled both ways) celebration. It was a fun little cultural experience and they gave us some gifts and we sang songs together and it was just a ton of fun and I was quite happy! (What sort of sentence is that?) You know, I´m realizing something interesting. When you come on a mission and learn Dutch from English, you go home not knowing how to speak either of them. Or maybe I just suck....

We have really been practicing a ton, but this concert promises to be incredible. I want to give it my all... It´s what´s really expected of us. I spoke to Elder Conatti about it this week. The Lord doesn´t ask much of us, just everything...It´s an interesting thought, but it´s true. Food for thought. Mull that one over a bit.

I don´t have a lot to say really, but I would like to remind everyone to focus on what´s important this Christmas. Remember, it´s not about just receiving, but it´s also not just about giving. It´s about the reason we give. If you´re not sure of that, go read the last verse of "O Little Town of Bethlehem." I´m not just going to give you the answer. You have to work for it. Also, thank God for your many blessings AND trials. It´s hard, but gratitude is a part of humility. I´m all over the place today. Sorry, have a good week, everybody.


This is my one picture--those with whom we celebrated Sinter Klaas. The De Jonges. Wonderful people!


Bok bukawk.

Elder Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment