Monday, April 18, 2016

Chicken Poop.

Yeah, it has a story; I´ll get there in a second.

I am feeling more and more tired as my mission starts to draw to a close. I feel like it is impossible to get enough rest. We are as busy as two little beavers could be. It feels good. Maybe I´ll finally be able to sleep on the flight.

We had a trip to temple this week; that was nice. After we were done there, we all went to Keukenhof, that Dutch Tulip-y garden thing. It was very busy, so touristy, and a decent time. I took a lot of pictures of the "show" flowers. Honestly, that was the only thing other than the petting zoo that really interested me. The rest of the gardens are pretty... artificial looking. They just look so pampered and controlled. It was nice, but I wouldn´t go out of my way to go again. However, I picked up a chicken! It scratched my face, called me names, and pooped on me. I think it´s safe to say we´re friends.

I also got really frustrated with some Christians of another denomination. They invited us in and proceeded to tell us off for not following the bible closely enough. Yeah. I was really done with them. Elder Drinkwater was much more patient than I was, and he kept it in control while my temper was flaring like the twin suns of Tatooine. I wanted to hop on out of there, but Elder Drinkwater took care of it all and it ended on a tentatively good note. Even after all this time I still struggle with my anger. We are just human.

One more little story: in the Netherlands everyone has a little luggage rack on the back of their bikes. They use them to carry their groceries and children and best friends. I went on exchanges on Tuesday in Eindhoven. The Elder working in my city accidentally took his bike keys with him. I had to ride on the back of a bike the ENTIRE day. Granted, no one really gives you a second glance here; it´s pretty common, but ALL DAY?! My butt was less than satisfied with the seating arrangements.

Pictures!
Piggy!

Peacock!

Some flowers.​



Oh yeah, Moestuintjes. They´re something from Dutch grocery that they do once a year in the spring. It´s a bunch of seeds and some little pots to plant them in. We can grow our own veggies and herbs. Missionaries go crazy for these.


Pronounced the same as Bossa Nova, but then having to do with Den Bosch. Good name for your boat, sir. I salute you.
Love you all!

Elder Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment