Monday, April 11, 2016

"Never miss out on a chance to slap your wife´s butt!"

Words of wisdom from a member. Elder Drinkwater and I pretended to be appalled, but thought it was hilarious. My new mantra.

It´s another lovely day in Den Bosch! The weather has been super unpredictable this week. Some days we're bundled up in thermals and coats, other days we're warm and we just want to relax in the sun. It's also impossible to predict. Morning weather is often opposite of how the weather will be for the rest of the day. It´s frustrating, but part of life here.

I have a few good stories. First, Friday night: we went out to have dinner with Timo, at McDonald´s, which is much more expensive here than in the US. It was a nice evening and we had a good talk. Afterward he took us to this beautiful little.... I have no idea what to call it. It´s really pretty though, and just South of Den Bosch. It´s called the Bossche Broek. If you look it up maybe you can see it.
While we were there Timo decided he wanted to race, on foot, not bikes or anything. I thought "Yeah, what could possibly go wrong?" I´m an idiot.

By the way, Timo plays rugby; he isn´t huge. He´s fast.

Elder Drinkwater gave us the signal and we took off. I managed to keep up with Timo through the first five or six seconds, then I ate it. I tried to lean so far forward and take such a long step that I could no longer stay upright. I ate some concrete and slid about six feet. My clothes were fine, my face was fine, but my left arm got a bit scraped up. I´m okay, but I was frustrated and may have let out some choice words...I am my father´s son after all. (He´s going to be so unhappy that I wrote that). Don´t worry, Dad, you´re a wonderful example!

Then I had the chance to sing for a fireside put on by the YSAs of the stake (Young single adults, for those that were wondering). It was an interesting evening. We had a good time, and I was able to see some friends, both missionaries and members. But--it´s weird when all anyone can talk about is how soon you´re going home. I´m so old...

A few other cool things... We had a competition with the district on proselyting hours this week. That fireside screwed us over on Saturday, so we owe the district a cake. Luckily I really enjoy baking, so we win anyway! HAH!

Also, our Moestuintjes are growing well! However, we did have to steal some dirt to keep them alive. I`ll explain that one next week. I need to give you something to look forward to!

I only have one picture from the week; it was a poster I saw while on splits with the Zone Leaders. Elder Wilson and I laughed really hard!

That´s it. Hope you laughed. Party down.
Elder Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment