Monday, December 22, 2014

Fijne Kerstdagen?

Okay, interesting stuff about the week-- They are having this huge radio charity event in the city center and it's ALWAYS packed full of music and people and hustle and bustle and blah blah blah blah blah blah. I'm a little impatient at the moment, just because I feel like I have so much to do and am struggling to complete it all. I've never been great dealing with the logistics behind things, which means that OF COURSE I have a lot of opportunities to deal with them out here. Goodness! Also, our teaching pool has been taking a little bit of a beating this week, so we need to fix that!

Dutch people say either their equivalent of Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays pretty frequently. It's this weird thing where everyone else needs to be politically correct, except the Dutch about Dutch things. Very strange. I've already spoken about most of the traditions. Not sure what else there is to say. If you want to know a little more about Haarlem, go watch "The Best Two Years." They do some contacting in front of a station there. Let me just say I spend a lot of time working via that station. There's actually a member that works in a store there and gives us totally full- priced hot chocolate (;D) when she's there. It's a very fun place.

I have plenty of pictures.


I got out of the shower one day to see Elder Silva putting this up in a doorway. I stared at him for a second, then he said, "Can we pretend you didn't see this?"

Our Christmas tree.

It snowed food in Haarlem. Therefore, I put on my winter best and decided to make a food angel.


This is Sister Johanson. I got her to chug Vla-- a popular Dutch pudding-like treat.

Silva, did you know?

He got a little too into it.



That's it for this week! Merry Christmas everyone!

Elder Santa

No comments:

Post a Comment