Monday, December 15, 2014

Geef de schuld aan het Boogie (Blame it on the Boogie)

Oh my goodness, I'm not sure what to say about this week, so much has happened. Goodness.

Okay, transfers were on Wednesday. That was fun; a little bit stressful-- but s'all Gucci.

Elder Silva is hilarious. He's a very talented singer, and a little ball of good times. EVERYTHING makes him trunky, and it's so funny. I'm pretty sure he does it on purpose, but it's funny just the same. 

Haarlem is a very cool place. Very different atmosphere from Rotterdam; I like it a lot. I have a few stories from the week.

Saturday we had a bunch of missionaries sleep over so that they could all make it to stake conference on time the next day. It was a nice night, but the morning after became HELL. First, we didn't know how to get there, so Elder Silva and I had to get up early to come look up how. We got back, then it happened. See first picture. Because of this we missed our bus and it became a terrible morning of trying to get there on time.

I am now suit-less, and don't have time to buy one today. SUCKKKKKKK. WE actually have an appointment today (yeah, I know), and then we have to wait for someone to come look at our washer, because that broke before I even got here. So, no P-day for us today, really, just email and grocery shopping. Also I'm feeling pretty ill today. Surprisingly, despite all this, I'm happy! How weird right?

Other stuff-- met a very cool investigator. We went bowling with him and the Elder's quorum on....... Friday? I think. I can never remember days out here. He's a very funny guy; I have a picture of him later. He sounds kind of like a mix between George Carlin and Bobcat Goldthwait. But he's a little Indian guy born in the Netherlands. I like him.

Okay, funny Dutch thing. The word "hoor"-- it is pronouned like "or" but with a very slight aspirated H. It hard to explain the meaning, but it's something kind of between calling someone buddy, and telling them thank you. And............. They will throw it at the end of almost every phrase. That's an exaggeration, but they do use it a lot. Because of that, in my last week Elder South and I did try to put it at the end of EVERY dutch phrase. People complimented our Dutch a lot! How dumb is that?

Well, here are pictures.

Dinu, the investigator, and us

The Silvanator

The street of my people. (We're gonna knock the crap out of it.)


Artsy transfer photo


The remnants of that sleep over

I sick today.


Love you all!

Elder Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment