Monday, December 8, 2014

Tot de volgende keer, Roffa.

Good morning, good morning, It´s great to say hello.........

I´m getting transferred! To Haarlem! It´s right next to Amsterdam. I´ll be with an Elder from Portugal on his second transfer. You have absolutely no idea how excited and nervous I am. It will be difficult, but people say it´s their dream city, so I´m very lucky.

I don´t have packages. Hopefully I get them on the 16th. We´ll see! The work went much better this week! We found a ton of potentials that I´ll be leaving for Elder South and his new greenie. Yep, he´s training. I´m really going to miss him, but he´s gonna be a good trainer. Yep, Elder Shaw is feeling good. His Dutch has improved, he is getting in better shape, and had success this week! How cool is that? I´m pretty jazzed this morning I guess.

Dealing with the cold is a matter of less biking, and more layers. I will wear thermals, a white shirt, sweater, scarf, and jacket. That generally is enough for your body, so long as you also have gloves. The wind here is insane. It can push through so many layers like they´re fishing nets. But it isn´t too bad.... yet.


I have a few pictures!

This was four in the afternoon on Friday. So weird.

Someone lost a bird.


Look how European I look! It´s hilarious right? Don´t worry, I don´t dress like this every day.

We got an advent calender.

Elder South is sleepy on the train.

Elder South got the swag on.


Pretty lights. Rotterdam is pretty at night


Good bye everybody! 'Til next week!

Elder Shaw

1 comment:

  1. We are so glad you are doing so well, Elder Billy! And that the language is coming along. Good luck in Haarlem. you are in our prayers. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete