Monday, March 9, 2015

Loslopende Cavia

Transfers are done... and I now have Elder Enslow! He's the bomb! His voices are absolutely hilarious! He does an absolutely perfect Strong Bad, which has brought us a TON of laughs. Sometimes after a rough contact we'll start walking away and in "the voice" he'll say something about it. "That sucked" "Ha, Cute" "Holy Crap". It's very fun!

We had a lot of bizarre little mishaps to start the transfer off. First, on our way home from the train station that first day, Elder Enslow accidentally left his bag on the bus! Luckily, I knew a stop that I could take a short cut to and stop the bus later on down the line. So I pointed at our building, told him to go there and wait for me, and took off running for the bus. I got there just in time for it to pass by me. Of course.
Frustrated, I walked back to our building only to find that Elder Enslow wasn't there. This started a long half hour of us looking for each other in a very small area, but somehow never crossing paths. Eventually I just started to ask people if they had seen a guy about my height dragging two suitcases. They all had, and I found him pretty quickly after that.
Then, later, I lost my bike key. I think it is at a members house; I asked them to look, but if the don't find it I'll have to have my lock broken off. Not fun.
Also, we had a lesson with a former investigator. We went there to find her friend was over, too. Her friend was a Christian lady and spent the entire time arguing with us and trying to pull proof out of the bible that wasn't actually there. I've been bashed before on my mission, but never by someone that didn't actually have decent knowledge of the bible to do it with. It really was just kinda sad. We left feeling downhearted that people weren't even willing to just sit and have an open mind and listen to what we say. So, yeah, I don't think we'll go there again.
Yes, The Netherlands does daylight savings time! And favorite person... place... and thing of the week goes to..... ELDER ENSLOW!!!! YAY! WOO! But for real. He made the week okay, even though we have had all this crud go wrong!
I have some pictures!

Last day with Silva. I taught him my salute thing.


OH! Who's that goober on the bus! It's Elder Enslow! (sung)

Amen, Brutha!

Google translate this one, People. You'll die laughing.

See! look at that stud!

Til next week!
A deep thought--Pants are an illusion, as is death.
Elder Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment