Monday, March 30, 2015

De Stroming

I have tasted the fruits of the Brazilian mission.... and I'm never going back. You'll understand in a second.
Elder Enslow and I worked hard this week, and boy were we blessed for it! We had a bunch of appointments, found some new people, and all around just rocked it!
There was a big black out on Friday! It took out like... all the power on the northern bit of the west coast. It wasn't too long. Just two or three hours. We were doing weekly planning/lunch at the time, and were really lucky to have a gas stove! I was able to make delicious Dutch pancakes anyway. Take that electricity. HA!
Okay, now we come to my AWESOME story. Our new WML is from Brazil. He also looks like Justin Timberlake. ANYWAY, I beleive I told you how he doesn't speak very good English and absolutely no Dutch. The first time we talked with him, he said "I know this family, they are good people. I think you should teach them." And teach them we did.
Our Sunday schedule had all fallen through, and we were a little bummed. But we were told during church that the family wanted to meet with us. That night. So we went with Justin Timberlake to go teach them. First, they fed us. Then they asked us to teach them. We taught in English while the father of the house translated into Portuguese for the family members that didn't understand. We finished the lesson and there were tears in the man's eyes. They didn't want us to leave. Oh, did I mention this is the first whole family I've taught my entire mission? It was amazing.
​I have a few pictures!

Zone Training: The most interestingly dressed missionaries in the entire world (rules for suits here are tad different.)

This motorcycle is massive. I'm not sure if you can tell.

My companion is very good at faking a lazy eye.

Someone did the New Testament using Legos. Cool right?

One more week done!

Keep it light; keep it airy!
Elder Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment