Monday, March 2, 2015

Nee, Ik blijf hier. Gaa maar door!


Elder Shaw is.... STAYING IN HAARLEM! Elder Silva will be going to Schiedam. (Which, by the way, was the area right next to Rotterdam North. It's in the same ward, and actually we worked in that area a ton. So, we kinda traded!) I will be receiving Elder Enslow, who is a missionary on his last transfer. That'll be kinda odd.
Interesting week. ALL EXCEPT ONE APPOINTMENT FELL THROUGH. That's right. We taught a whomping ONE lesson this week. It was a little rough, but Silva and I tried to make the best of it. We contacted a ton. And yeah.
The one lesson was pretty cool, though. It was an English lady and her son who has down syndrome. They were super warm and receiving. It was a totally different feel than most lessons. While it's true that we didn't make it through everything, we shared a nice message about prayer and prophets. The boy, Marv, was very happy to have us there. He kept showing me all these pictures! It was super sweet. Made my heart melt a little bit.

So, Haarlem is...... A small city? That's how all of it is over here. Like, it definitely has a city feel in a lot of ways, but the geographical area is actually quite small. Also, the buildings in the "centrum" are quite old, but filled with modern stores and things. Very strange. There are also 4 or 5 really old, big cathedrals. Who needs that many? Okay, very weird, my little cursor thing just disappeared. You would be surprised how difficult that makes it to type.

 There it is. Fixed him. My favorite thing about this place? I must say I do love the flowers that are beginning to pop up everywhere. They're gorgeous. I'll send a picture when they start to become a little better! It's mainly just stems right now.
I have a few pictures.
This rock dude has kinda a Rush album cover feel ;)


I can't believe there is actually a market for this. "Yes sir, I would like to smell like the 1980's" "Well, we have this very fine 1984 Van Halen scent....."

And I can't have either of those!


So, THIS cat was outside the Bishops house. I started to try and call him over and got down in this position. He jumped into my lap. AWH! We named him Peaches!

New Silva quote.
"I'm from a different planet."
"Which planet?"
"Greece."




Well, that's it. Except for one thing. That hymn, If You Could Hie to Kolob? I can't stand it! "Theeere is no end to thiiiissss song....."
Elder Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment