Monday, March 23, 2015

Waarom doe je de deur dicht?


This week went much better than last one! Elder Enslow and I are still working our little tushies off. He's the bomb. Still not a lot of lessons, but that should change this week! We have a lot scheduled.
No, I didn't see the eclipse. I was even outside and doing service during it, but didn't see it at all. I don't know how. That service was actually kinda cool. It was for this little garden place in Haarlem, and they thought it was super cool that we were helping out, so they asked us a bunch of questions and apparently it's going on their website! I'll send you the link if it does indeed happen!
Lets see, we also ended up helping at the stake activity on Saturday. We and a few other companion-ships of missionaries watched the kids and played games with them while the adults did some different workshops. It was a good time. Dutch children are odd. Some of them were really super sweet and others were just little terrors. That's normal; what was weird is that THEY ALL SPEAK DUTCH. It just is weird to hear a child speak! But, seriously, they are very cute.
I did get my relax on last week. It was very nice. Elder Enslow and I just took it super easy when we needed to. Work actually goes better here when you aren't in a huge frenzy to do it. So, keep it swill, keep it casual, and just talk to people. We've been doing that, and this next week is filled with appointments! SO boom, success!
Oh, so it finally happened. They have started locking the church during services, you know, because the church is going to get stormed by terrorists and we're all going to die. C'MON PEOPLE! One, there have been no threats or anything! Two, If anyone really wants to kill us, they'll be able to do it anyway! Three, WE'RE A CHURCH. THAT DOOR SHOULD ALWAYS BE OPEN. People complain enough about how "secretive" the Mormons are, and then you lock the church. Dutch culture is just so different. Enslow and I have talked about it a lot. I could probably write a book about it. No joke.
Well, I have some pictures.

Trash can. Keeping it classy.

Yep! Cat.

Also cat. But this one was REALLY NOT happy when I picked it up.

Elder Enslow, little girl, and the Dutch game Sjoelen! (Pronounced Shoe-luh)

Elder DE Silva. Trust me, the De is important. They hate being mixed up!



Well, have a great week everybody! Have fun!
End of line,
Elder Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment