Monday, February 29, 2016

"I wish my farts were strong enough to scratch my bum."

* Mom note:  This is actually the email that Elder Shaw sent on February 15th-- It finally arrived.  Enjoy!*

You can thank my wonderful (and always classy) companion for this little gem. No explanation is necessary.

Have you ever had one of those weeks full of inconveniences? This week wasn´t bad, by any means. In fact, we had a wonderful time! As good as it was.... nothing went smoothly. Or even wavy for that matter. It was rough and bumpy down the entire road. We made it work, but we´re both a bit sore from the jostling yet jolly journey (Oooh, he uses alliteration). 

I think it might best for me to just speak in photos for the rest of the email. I have a lot of those and I know you all love them.

Elder Serra and I trying to keep warm in the cold church

Um....... what?

Once again, what? You´ll have to translate this one.


Welcome to Carnaval. BIER, JONGEN!

This won´t translate correctly, but the words basically say "But it´s okay for people?"

We ate with our hands! African food is great. This is the family of our ward mission leader. The fellow you can´t see on my left (or right) is his son that recently returned from his mission in South Africa. He provided this wonderful meal.

You asked for a picture of our investigator, Timo? This is him as a little kid. I saw this in his house and almost laughed until I cried. SO CYYYUUUUTTTEEEE!

"We like to see you!" Or "We find you pleasant to look at!" Yep. This was taken in the city center of Den Bosch. We´ve spent a lot of time contacting there this last week. It´s not the most productive thing to do, but people hate having their door knocked after 8 p.m. in the winter. In the summer they don´t mind, because it´s still light.

Well, that´s about it for the week, I love you all and wish you the best.

Keep on keepin´ on.

Elder Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment