Monday, February 1, 2016

"Ooooh.... I regret all that basghetti..."

...Said by the little girl of a part member family in our ward. I died.

We had an oddly eventful week. I´ll try and tell the fun bits.

Last week we received a "referral" for a former investigator. Elder Serra had actually been the one to drop him, so we were a little hesitant to go back. Long story short, we did go back, and he´s doing quite well. We actually taught him twice last week (which is somewhat uncommon in our mission) and they were both wonderful appointments.

A little note on Dutch scheduling because I mentioned it awhile back. The Dutch LOVE their calendars. They keep a calendar in their bathroom with the birth dates of all their friends and family. Most Dutch people have an actual agenda that they use for everything. Also, this is the only country I know of....where you schedule to call someone so that you can make an appointment. It´s hilarious.

Sunday was odd. I was asked to sing a song in church with a member of the Bishopric. That was a lot of fun and I think it went well. This Ward has many talented singers so I can´t fake it in front of them. That was nice and everything, but what made Sunday really interesting was that someone forgot bread for the Sacrament. As a note, only two active members in our ward actually live in the city where the church building is. No one wanted to make the long trip home to go get bread, so they asked us to go fetch some. We didn´t have any in our apartment, so we had to go buy some. We went to every market or bakery we knew and they were all closed. When we were about to give up I saw a fish stand open up. I knew that they normally have rolls for sandwiches so I asked to buy a few. They were very cooperative and we only ended up missing the first hour of church. Den Bosch, You´re welcome!

I have pictures!
Elder Serra now has the award for, "Worst Picture Taken of Me Holding a Cat."


The city is getting excited for Carnival.

Beautiful on the bus.


A man in our ward makes knives. Basically the most metal hobby of all time. \m/ Look how cool these things are!

Well, that´s it for the week. I love you all! Good luck!

Elder Shaw

1 comment:

  1. Just quickly, I want to say how much I enjoy your posts, Billy. It's a while since I last told you, but I try to read them all. You are a good man. AND you are in my prayers. Keep up the big work.

    ReplyDelete