Monday, March 7, 2016

"O wat een ramp! Haar mascara!"


Well, this has been another one of those weeks where appointments fell through. People need to keep appointments if they make them. I hate arriving and finding no one home. It´s exhausting to say the least.

However there were plenty of cool things this week! I learned how to make Dutch meatballs from Timo´s father. They were..... absolutely amazing. They beat the living crap out Swedish meatballs (sorry IKEA). So that´s something for you to look forward to when I come home.

In other news, we do these little Facebook campaigns over here where people can order a DVD and then we show up to talk to them after they receive it. I´ve been doing these things since the beginning of my mission, and I´ve never had one go according to plan. We have this little "ideal situation" practice for it, but I have never used it. The circumstance has never allowed for it. Which is sad because it´s brilliantly thought through and would work if we could use it. Sounds like sooooo many things in life. If there is any advice I could give to everyone in life it would be "learn to improvise". Nothing will be more useful.

Well, I have news about transfers as well. My wonderful companion will be leaving me to go to Belgium, and I will be receiving Elder Drinkwater. Yep! Poor guy gets made fun of SO MUCH for his name. He´s perfectly aware of how goofy it is. I also already know him, so I´m not worried at all!

I have no pictures this week. I´m sorry everyone! I love you, though!

Love,

Elder Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment