Tuesday, May 31, 2016

The End.

Well, I planned on making this email a lot longer initially, but a very cruddy day has put a stop to those plans. I have a few minutes, but I won't be able to say as much as I wanted.

I'm currently in the Mission Office, trying to keep my cool. This week has been nothing short of stressful; I'm so shaken I feel like I'm writing differently than normal. 

I had a lot of late nights, but managed to do some good work despite our heavy load of member appointments. I really would love to tell you more about my last week, but I'm afraid my lack of time is going to cut that short.

I would like to say one thing before closing off this email. I've specifically avoided doing the whole "preachy-missionary" emails, but I'm afraid you're about to get one. Hear me out!

I think that many of you reading this blog are not members of the church. Don't worry, that's okay. I'm not going to yell about you all being baptized and coming to the only true and living church on the earth. I could do that, but my focus is somewhere else. I want to talk specifically about The Book of Mormon. I encourage you all to read it. The lessons I have learned (and taught) on my mission have convinced me of its authenticity and its importance for every person currently living on earth. I believe in The Book of Mormon, that it is the word of God, and that's why I'm here. If you don't have a copy, ask a friend, or me. I'm sure most members would be MORE than willing to oblige. Read it, ponder its message, and then pray to God (whether or not you are sure He exists) and you will receive an answer. An answer and a joy like nothing you knew existed. The comfort of the gospel of Jesus Christ is a big one. Give it a shot. I dare you!

Okay, I'm going to end it here in order to finish my legality crap. I'll post a few pictures when I get home.

See you soon!

Elder (last time I'll write that) Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment