Tuesday, May 17, 2016

´Til the Storm Passes By


These emails keep getting more and more difficult to write. I feel like I´ve been doing them for so long that it just becomes a repetition of the same jokes over and over again. Heck, I wouldn´t be surprised if I had written this already. Or that!

Our week was funky. We didn´t teach very much, in fact. It was one of those weeks where you look back and go "What did we actually do?" I know we were outside working. But I don´t recall much coming from it. It doesn´t help that I was on exchanges for two days of this week. I spent a decent amount of time in different cities.
A fun observation about one of those exchanges-- we did a TON that day. We were just running from appointment to appointment in Heerlen. One of the missionaries there, Elder Stanworth, has become a very good friend.

Actually, I just realized. For the two investigators that were taught this week, I was in a different city. I didn´t teach an investigator in my own area! That´s really weird.

You want pictures? I have a few from this week. It´s about all I have really.

Mr. Drink!


You can´t see it super well because they scattered once we got close. It doesn´t help that Elder Drinkwater was going out of his way to scare them. BUNNIES!

Graffiti walls. My favorite!


Vegan Power!

There was a "big" jazz festival in Denbosch. There were a few small stages set up all around the city center. Elder Drinkwater and I lingered for a second to watch these cats play. It can only be called jazz in loosest of terms. Blues pentatonic scales and 4/4 timing aren´t really the most jazzy things in the world. They are Dutch; they are doing their best.

Our favorite part of the week, Numbers!


I´m hungry; Imma go get some brunch!

Love you!

Elder Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment